Monday 10 October 2016

Arm Candy Alert!!!

Image by Helmut Newton, 1959

It really doesn't matter what we're doing, or where we're going, the one thing we always seem to need is a handbag! My day to day one is always huge! 
Big enough to hold work notes, LOTS of make-up, various Lego pieces and accouterments for my two boys, wallet, phone and maybe even a spare pair of shoes and/or a book! I'm often told that it's heavier than a bag of bricks!
But, for a special event I like to scale it waaaay back to just some eye-liner, concealer, bank card and of course that extra appendage we'd all be lost without...my phone! That's when I can really get away with a dainty evening bag.
I find that vintage bags often come in the perfect size, not too petite, not too bulky. Those refined 1950's ladies knew how to carry all their important items around with style and panache!
Below are is just a few of the vintage bags from the 1930's to 1960's that are currently in stock in Dirty Fabulous. 
The prices of our bags range from about €60 to €180

Pale and Interesting:


 Golden Tones:





Timeless Classic:


 Bold and Beautiful:





No comments: