Thursday 29 October 2009

Vintage Vogue Fashion Images

1960's amazing Dior, This baby pink was a popular colour and something we have come across before.

1950's Twilight prom with fur, we actually have something very similar to this dress in stock at the minute.


I just love the idea of this for a winter wedding, teaming a white gown with a vibrant Opera coat for a huge statement, very unique.

The quintessential 1950's prom dress...gotta love it!


Dior photo shoot for Life...an Iconic image, I'd be happy with any one of those vintage outfits!



I had to include this, the structure of the dress is astounding and the overall look Sophisticated Vamp, definitely something we would go for here in Dirty Fabulous



We do stock I.Magnin vintage pieces and it was really interesting for us to see the original advertising.



This is stunning, the model is styled in 50's perfection, if only we could dress like this everyday...bring back dressing as an art form I say...




More Dior...more Fabulousness!!!


Ava Gardner in an astounding Cobalt blue 50's prom dress. This is such an eye popping colour we always seek it out and at the minute we currently have three 50's proms in cobalt of various styles.


This dress is so similar to a wedding gown by Emma Domb that we sourced for a customer that it knocked my socks off when I saw it! She's going to look beautiful when she sashays down the aisle.




The 40's and 50's saw a strong use of mixing contrasting colours, using structural shapes and alternating textures. This gown is true Hollywood glam, you could just imagine it on the red carpet at Oscar time.



Another elegant 1950's white prom dress paired perfectly with black opera gloves.





A 1940's satin peplum wedding dress, super similar to one currently in stock in Dirty Fabulous


1950's Glamorous Tulle Bridal dress...vintage really is the only way to go!!!

Last week I came across a gorgeous site http://www.myvintagevogue.com/ and I have to say I got completely lost in it for a few hours.
If you ever asked yourself "whats the big deal about vintage?" then take a look of these beauties, courtesy of My Vintage Vogue.
I just want all of those dresses!
We have seen similar ones come into Dirty Fabulous and it's all part of the fun of vintage clothing...you never know what your going to come across...love it!
Hope you enjoyed the images as much as I did, check out the above website for more.
See you soon in Dirty Fabulous

1 comment:

Alice said...

Amazing images! Very inspiring, I love the Dior images and your description of the outfits, I actually learn a lot about vintage looks from your blog..