Thursday 2 October 2014

Vintage Coats: Somebody Help Me, I Have a Problem!!!

Am I the only one to be thankful to feel a nip in the air? I probably am, but let me tell you why:

I am addicted to vintage coats.
addicted I tells ya!

These are some of my favourites.
 coats take up a lot of room......a lot of room... I recently had to invest in another wardrobe to house my growing collection....Well, everyone has to have a hobby!

First up is a sherbert orange Lilli Ann 1960s jacket. I love this coat, it's light enough to wear in spring and an Irish summer! It does have moth damage but I that doesn't bother me. It is part of a suit but I can't fit into the matching dress, it is also too far gone with moth holes to invest in alterations.
 But I love wearing the coat.


  Next up is a 1950's bubble gum pink silk swing coat. So much fun!

This 1950's orange wool swing coat was given to me by a friend, I've had this coat for about 10 or 12 years now but I take it out every Winter and get it dry cleaned before it gets put away again in Spring.



I bought this black 1950's coat with fur collar and cuffs the first time I went to New York. It weighed an absolute ton, I had to wear it on to the plane to keep my baggage allowance from going into overdrive. It's great for really really cold days.

 My 1920's blue velvet cape is for more glamorous events. 


 This 1960's powder blue wool and fox fur cape is a recent splurge. I couldn't help it. I fell hopelessly and madly in love. My husband despairs of my addiction and his lack of wardrobe space.
 I wear this mostly on girly Sunday outings, art galleries and things like that. 
This was the inaugural debut of this coat, see how happy I am, new coat love....

This 1960s silk turquoise coat is also by Lilli Ann and very similar to the first coat but with sparkly buttons and an attached scarf. It too has a matching dress! I couldn't help myself.....I might need an intervention...

 This is more my every day coat, it's a teal blue 1970's, sort of like suede but not, it has sheep skin collar and cuffs. 

So there you have it, my secrets out...
Hello, my name is Caroline and I'm addicted to coats!!!
What's your fashion addiction?



No comments: